Call Us: (602) 730-5028
Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions govern the relationship between you and Kilimanjaro Sunrise (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”). By booking a trip, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions which outline our cancellation policy and certain limitations of liability. The person or persons named on the booking are hereinafter referred to as the “Client”. These Terms and Conditions may affect your rights and designate the governing law and forum for the resolution of any and all disputes.
- By making a booking, the Client accepts and is bound by these Terms and Conditions. A booking is accepted and becomes definite only from the date when the Company sends an email explicitly stating that the trip is confirmed.
- All prices include park fees, accommodation, and transport as described, and all the mountain costs except tips, drinks, and other items of personal expenditure. Prices assume no changes in current park fees, regulations, and other statutory government taxes, and are valid through December 31, 2022. The Company reserves the right to change the prices at any time before bookings are confirmed.
- A 30% deposit, paid by credit card or wire is due at the time of booking. The trip balance payment is due 60 days prior to trip departure. Failure to make full payment by the due date may result in forfeiture of the trip deposit and any partial balance payments. The Company reserves the right to cancel any reservation should timely final payment not be received. It is the Client’s responsibility to ensure payment is made by the due date.
- The deposit will be refunded if the trip cannot be confirmed. Otherwise, the deposit is not refundable under any circumstances. If cancellation is made 60 days or more before the trip start date, the cancellation fee is 30% of the total trip price. If cancellation is made 59 to 31 days prior to the trip start date, the cancellation fee is 50% of the total trip price. If cancellation is made 31 days or less prior to the trip start date, there are no refunds. Trip cancellations must be made in writing and acknowledged by the Company. The cancellation shall be deemed to have been made on the date such notice is received by the Company.
- Should the Client be unable to make their trip it may be possible to transfer payments and deposits towards another. The new trip must occur within one year of the original date. The Company reserves the right to prohibit a trip transfer. For a request to transfer made more than 60 days before the original start date, a fee of $200 per person will be charged, should a transfer request be granted. For a transfer request made within 59 to 32 days of the trip start date, a fee of $400 per person will be charged, should a transfer request be granted. No transfers will be granted less than 31 days of the trip start date.
- If the Client leaves the trip, voluntarily or involuntarily, under any circumstances, after the trip has begun any additional cost incurred due to such action is the responsibility of the Client. There are no refunds for services not utilized.
- Any amendment made within 30 days of the start of the trip will be surcharged an administrative fee of $50.
- Travel Insurance is mandatory. The client must have valid travel and medical insurance which covers high altitude trekking, medical and repatriation costs, trip cancellation, loss and theft of baggage, and emergency evacuation. The client must provide proof of insurance before the trip commences. The Client will not be allowed to participate in the trip without such insurance and will not be entitled to any refund.
- The Client affirms that he or she is medically cleared to participate in the trip. Clients over the age of 65 years must present a doctor’s certificate stating they are fit to climb Kilimanjaro.
- The Client understands that the Company acts only as an agent in selling travel-related services, or in accepting reservations or bookings for services. The Client understands that the Company has no control over and accepts no responsibility for the actions of any contractor involved in providing services on the trip.
- The Client understands that the Client is undertaking an adventure trip with inherent dangers. The Client accepts these risks and fully assumes the risks. The Client fully and forever releases and discharges the Company and its respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, successors, and assigns from any and all costs (including, without limitation, actual legal costs), claims, demands, actions, causes of action and liabilities whatsoever for any and all losses, damages, death or injuries to any persons or loss of property, which may be sustained by the Client in connection with or in any way relating to this trip, due to any cause or reason whatsoever including, with limitation, the reckless, willful or negligent actions or omissions of the Company or any other person or persons.